Modem-SAFE mounting base for the Proxicast LAN-Cell 3 cellular 3G/4G router. The Mode-SAFE base is included with all LAN-Cell 3 routers shipped after February 1, 2013. This kit is for retro-fitting earlier LAN-Cell 3 routers or replacing a defective Modem-SAFE base.
The LAN-Cell 3’s patent-pending Modem-SAFE system is a mechanism for securing a USB modem to prevent it from being removed or coming loose in mobile applications. The slotted mounting plate and Velcro strip design allows for infinite flexibility in mounting a wide variety of USB modems. The Modem-SAFE base stows the USB modem under the LAN-Cell 3 for greater protection and a smaller overall device footprint.
The LAN-Cell 3’s Multi-Function Modem-SAFE Mounting Base provides:
- Wall and deck mounting options
- Multiple external antenna mounting and cable tie-down points
- Power switch & button protectors
- Modem-SAFE™ USB modem mounting system
The LAN-Cell 3 Modem-SAFE Base Kit includes:
- Modem-SAFE Base
- Slotted Modem Mounting Plate
- Power & Reset Switch Protectors
- Right-Angle USB Cable Adapter
- Velcro Retaining Straps
- Assembly & Mounting Screws
LAN-Cell 3 router, modems, antennas, and pigtails are sold separately.
Note: At this time, the Novatel USB551L, MC679 and MC545 modems are known to be incompatible with the Modem-SAFE base due to the design of their USB connector and its limited operating angle.
Part #: PRX-LC3-SafeBase